Membership - Who is Eligible to Become a Member
- Employees of the U.S. Government living or working in Travis County or the surrounding counties which border on Travis County, and their immediate families
- Employees, homeowners and others who are members of groups which have fulfilled the membership requirements, and their immediate families. Click here to see if you're eligible to join.
- Field employees of U.S. Government agencies headquartered in Austin, Texas, and their immediate families
- Civil service employees of military bases in Austin, Texas, and their immediate families
- Retired military and employees of the aforementioned categories
- Widows or widowers of government employees or retired civil service employees
- Employees of the credit union, and their immediate families
- Now! GEFCU and Friends of the Austin Public Library Team-Up
The members of the Friends of the Austin Public Library, a fund raising organization for the Austin Public Library System, are eligible for membership to GEFCU. For a donation of only $10, you can become a member of the Friends of the APL and be eligible to open a GEFCU account. This will allow you to take advantage of all of GEFCU 's services and products, from free checking and free home banking, to our extremely competitive loan rates, while helping support a great cause!
Member Service Representatives at each GEFCU location can provide you with all the necessary documents to become a member of the Friends of the APL, as well as GEFCU. Come check GEFCU out today:
Simple to Join, Simple to Save!
If you belong to one of the eligible groups listed above, then all it takes to become a member is a $1 new-account fee and a $5 deposit into a share account. Just visit any one of our convenient GEFCU locations to open an account and become a member today!
Offer your employees or group members the benefits of credit union membership. Upon approval through NCUA, groups of employees and members of companies and associations are able to apply for membership eligibility.
GEFCU accepts applications for new SEG's (Select Employee Groups) within a 25 mile radius of any branch.
Interested companies or associations must send a request on letterhead stating:
- That the group wants to be added to the federal credit union's field of membership.
- The number of employees or members to be added.
- The group's location(s).
- The group's proximity (miles) to the credit union's nearest service facility.
- An association must include a copy of its bylaws for consideration.
- Note: Any company/association with 3000 or more employees/members must include an addendum with its request. Contact GEFCU for addendum requirements.
Questions? Contact GEFCU's Marketing Director by email at email@example.com or
by phone at (512) 339-9812.
Mail request to:
Attn: Marketing Director
P.O. Box 81535
Austin, TX 78708-1535
Home Equity Loans
As Low as 3.15% A.P.R.
As Low as 1.99% A.P.R.
You may receive a call from one of our Visa Fraud Specialists, if you do and need to reach them, please call 1-800-411-8498.
To report a lost or stolen Visa Debit Card please call 1-800-682-6075.
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government